As lawyers, we are continually reviewing serious facts to help our clients receive the compensation they deserve.
However, we would like to present you with some fun facts...FUN SUPER BOWL FACTS that is, to WOW your friends at this weekend's Super Bowl party!
You can thank us later!
Did you know?
- On average, 8 million pounds of guacamole is consumed on Super Bowl Sunday and 14,500 tons of chips are eaten along with that guacamole.
- The first two Super Bowls were almost lost to soap operas. Back in 1967 and 1968, the big games weren't broadcast live, and the only known footage of them was thought to have been erased. According to NFL Films' Steve Sabol, they were erased to film soap operas. Luckily, a single fan was found to have recorded the events, preserving the Super Bowls for posterity.
- Of the top 10 most watched American television programs of all time, nine of them are Super Bowls.
- Over 700,000 footballs are produced annually for official NFL use and 72 of them are used for the Super Bowl.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers with a Super Bowl victory in Super Bowl XLIII over the Cardinals was the franchise's sixth in team history. That is the most any team has ever won. The team can be affectionately called the Sixburgh Steelers.
- There are four current NFL teams who've never played in a Super Bowl: the Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions, Houston Texans, and Jacksonville Jaguars. The Minnesota Vikings and Buffalo Bills have appeared in four Super Bowls, but have never won.
- Super Bowl XLIV in 2010 unseated M*A*S*H's series finale as the most watched show in television history with over 106.5 million viewers.
- One 30-second commercial airing during the Super Bowl will cost $5,000,000.
- The NFL has a policy against holding Super Bowl games in stadiums that have a climate of less than 50 degrees Fahrenheit unless it is an enclosed stadium.
- Americans are set to consume over 1.33 billion chicken wings and 51 million cases of beer during the Super Bowl. That being said, PLEASE do not drink and drive and enjoy a fun and safe Super Bowl Sunday!